The start-up technician is responsible for onsite start-up, testing, and I/O checkout of controls systems at industrial locations as well as commissioning and customer training for NorthWind systems.
- Interface with the customer, mechanical and electrical installers, etc.
- Confirm equipment installation matches the flow diagram
- Answer questions regarding the electrical drawings and other items within the NorthWind scope of work.
- I/O checkout – from the field device to the graphics
- Provide support to the programmer during sequence testing and initial operation
- Travel required – must have a valid driver’s license
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Understanding of Ladder Logic, troubleshooting/understanding of controls wiring, and proficient with computers required
- Degree or certificate in SCADA system or equivalent experience in related field of training
- Two years’ experience preferred
Physical Abilities/Work Environment:
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Climbing, kneeling, reaching, and finger mobility
- Occasionally exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Subject to temperature changes, noise, or hazards
*This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NorthWind is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive wages and benefits