The project manager manages customer relationships throughout the execution of the projects and is responsible for ensuring the success of controls and engineering projects including safety, financial balance and technical accuracy.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand and manage project scope, objectives, and timelines
- Efficiently manage resources and budget to ensure accurate and timely completion of all projects under their control
- Communicate with customers, vendors and others
- Communicate with management and others working on projects regarding timelines, technical and manpower issues, customer relations and other topics related to completion of projects
- Ensure that the solution and products provided to the customer satisfies all project requirements including design, programming, validation, documentation, training and startup
- Solve complex problems, review related information, develop, and evaluate options, implement solutions and communicate these to team members and the customer
- Travel to customer site as needed for project design and implementation
- Act as a mentor to new or less experienced engineers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of automation projects
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of pneumatic conveying, extrusion, drying, separating, and compounding, weighing, and batching, continuous processes, etc.
- Fluent use of office, drawing, and programming software packages
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Agricultural, or Computer
- 3 years of engineering or project management experience
Physical Abilities/Work Environment:
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Climbing, kneeling, lifting
- Occasionally exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force
- Use of power drills and drive motor vehicles – must have a valid driver’s license
- Potential exposure to extreme temperatures but in general, normal office conditions
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.