Information Technology Technician
The IT Technician is responsible for supporting NorthWind’s technology infrastructure and resources and works closely with members of all departments to ensure that IT hardware and software are operating as intended.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide daily technical support for NorthWind users either by phone, remote access, or in person
• Quickly diagnose and resolve both software and hardware problems
• Install and configure necessary software and hardware per specifications
• Perform data backups and file restores
• Setup new users and IT equipment • Implement system changes and enhancements
• Test and apply system updates and patches
• Monitor networking equipment and servers
• Assist in scheduling and performing regular system maintenance
• Assist in developing and testing implementable disaster recovery plans
• Assist in training end users of safe and responsible use of IT Infrastructure
• Ensure the privacy and performance of NorthWind IT systems
• Maintain technical logs and documentation
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking technology (UNIX, Windows, including multi-layered switching and routing)
• Knowledge of desktop computers and peripherals
• Knowledge of system virtualization – VMWare
• Knowledge of both Windows and Linux server environments
• Knowledge of firewall and router systems
The IT Technician must possess not only technical skills in their field but also a willingness and ability to learn new technologies and methodologies. They are responsible for the daily maintenance, monitoring, and support of devices within their realm of responsibility.
The IT Technician must possess high quality communication skills in written and verbal forms. Communication skills will be especially important in this role where end user interaction comprises a significant portion of the daily career functions.
The IT Technician must have personal attributes that make them suitable for requirements of this position. These include being result oriented, organized, and procedural. This person should be a creative and strategic thinker, having the ability to work on multiple projects and balance multiple deadlines. The IT Technician must also be able to work comfortably in cross-functional settings in a constantly evolving environment.
The IT Technician needs to be agile in the ever-changing landscape of information and systems recognize changing environment and situations and be able to make changes necessary to adapt to new challenges in a timely manner.
• A minimum of a two-year degree (associate’s or technical/trade school) in IT, Computer Science, MIS, Software, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar field or 1-year relevant work
Physical Abilities/Work Environment:
• Will require occasional evening and weekend hours, sometimes with little advance notice.
• Limited travel requirements but must possess a valid driver’s license
• Includes but is not limited to climbing and occasionally exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Position offers competitive compensation, health insurance and other benefits. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at NorthWind Technical Services, 2751 Antelope Road, Sabetha, KS 66534 (phone: 785-284-0080).
NorthWind Technical Services is a locally-owned company that provides automation solutions to companies all over the world.
An Equal Opportunity Employer