EXPERIENCED CONTROLS ENGINEER
- Develop Automation Software
- Write PLC, HMI and computer programs, test and validate proper function
- Travel to customer site for start commissioning of the software
- Train users and provide post project support
- Organize, Plan and Prioritize Work
- Communicate with Customers, Venders and Co-workers
- Gather Information
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Perform Complex Problem Solving
- Proactively predict when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong
- Solve complex problems; review related information; develop and evaluate options; implement solutions.
- Make Decisions
- Proactively make timely decisions without the benefit of all of the information or consultation with your supervisor
- National and International Travel is Required
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a controls engineer
- Possess extensive experience and abilities in:
- PLC and HMI programming – Programmer
- Electrical Design – Design Team
- Possess good working knowledge of electrical codes
- Ability to complete all aspects of a project within their role without supervision
- Fully understands scope, budgets, and schedules for projects
- Holds certification(s) or expert status to show knowledge of their field
- Expected to suggest future standards and process improvements for the department
- Engineering and Technology
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of automation projects
- Production and Processing
- Knowledge of pneumatic conveying, extrusion, drying, separating, and compounding, weighing and batching, and continuous processes etc.
- Fluent use of:
- MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; GroupWise; EPLAN; PromiseE; AutoCAD; RSLOGIX 5000; RSView; Microsoft Visual Basic
- Refer to performance assessment for a complete list of skills and requirements
Recommended: Obtain a PE License and should be a leader and mentor to other co-workers
Position offers competitive compensation, health insurance and other benefits. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at NorthWind Technical Services, 2751 Antelope Road, Sabetha, KS 66534 (phone: 785-284-0080).
NorthWind Technical Services is a locally-owned company that provides automation solutions to companies all over the world.
An Equal Opportunity Employer