A Controls Engineer works within the Project Engineering Department. Primary duties include either programming or designing to provide our customers with automation system solutions.
Our controls engineers use their skills and knowledge to develop integrated automation solutions for manufacturing facilities around the world.
For Programming Emphasis:
Use a methodical approach for PLC programming, HMI configurations, and custom programming services to create systems that are easy to use, troubleshoot and maintain.
For Electrical Design Emphasis:
Develop panel layouts, design drawings and process flow and instrumentation drawing for unique factory processes by selecting electrical components, calculating heat loads, and ensuring compliance and meeting customer standards.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of automation projects
- Fluent use of MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook; EPLAN; AutoCAD; RSLOGIX 5000; FactoryTalk View; Microsoft Visual Basic
- General computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to interface with customers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree
Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Agricultural or Computer
- Organized, detail oriented and able to think through designs completely
- Able to travel to customer sites for startup, both in the USA and internationally
- Able to work some weekends and holidays to meet project requirements
- Two years’ experience, preferred
Physical Abilities/Work Environment:
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Climbing, kneeling, lifting
- Occasionally exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force
- Use of power drills and drive motor vehicles – must have a valid driver’s license
- Potential exposure to extreme temperatures but in general, normal office conditions
*This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.