This position is responsible for the fabricating control panels including panel layout, wiring, and testing
- Fabrication of control panels which includes wiring and assembly of panel components
- Operate tools necessary for panel assembly and related activities
- Testing to ensure accuracy of assembly and safety
- Safety which includes maintaining a safe work environment, following drawings and instructions to ensure safe panel fabrication, operating all tools and equipment in a safe manner, etc.
- May require the operation of forklift
- Crating of completed panels for shipment
- Maintenance of the panel shop to ensure a clean, safe work environment
- Assist supervisor and co-workers to ensure that the NorthWind panel shop maintains UL Listing and other certifications
- Occasional travel may be required to make panel changes or to assist with system commissioning
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge & Skills Requirement
- Education in electrical field or the controls industry field (experience in related field may be substituted for formal education)
- Good work ethic
- Technical aptitude
- Ability to work with tools
- Willingness to learn
- Computer skills and ability to read electrical drawings
Physical Ability & Work Environment
- Includes but is not limited to the following:
- Stooping, standing, lifting, gripping & finger mobility
- Occasionally exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force
- Occasional use of power drills and/or operate machine, and ability to inspect small parts
- Potential exposure to noise and hazards such as moving mechanical parts and electrical current
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Associates degree or certificate in electrical, controls or related technical program preferred
- Experience in a related field may be substituted for formal education if the experience is specifically relevant to the position
To Apply email your resume email@example.com.
NorthWind is an equal opportunity employer.